What we're doing to keep our clients healthy
Updated: Mar 27
Dear Valued Clients,
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Since I opened YouMove Osteopathy I have fallen in love with the Mount Eliza community.
Mount Eliza holds the traditional village feel and with that comes the support for each of us.
Despite also succumbing to the toilet paper fiasco, there have been some great stories of people looking out for one another as well.
At YouMove Osteopathy, your safety and care remain my highest priority.
Along with many Australians, I am monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation closely and following the advice from Government. I am listening carefully to the questions and concerns I receive from my customers.
(Edit: 21/03/2020). Osteopathy is classified as an essential service. Along with this, my treatment room is a large 16m2.
I am in the business of caring for people and in the midst of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, it’s important that I give you as much information as possible about the procedures I adhere to in order to maintain a sanitary environment with the safety of my clients in mind.
I think it is important to note that at Mount Eliza consulting Suites, there are two businesses. My own YouMove Osteopathy, and Julie Jankovic at Mount Eliza Speech pathology.
I am here Tuesdays, Thursday mornings, Fridays, Saturdays.
Julie is here Monday to Thursday.
It is Friday as I write this, there are 5 people coming in today. I will be cleaning all treatment surfaces after each client. You won't find me here if I am symptomatic. I will be maintaining the cleaning procedures outlined below.
I am providing all this information so you can run it all through your own health filter and determine what you think is right for you.
The virus is most likely spread through:
· close contact with an infectious person
· contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
· touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face.
I will strongly adhere to my promise that anyone feeling unwell with a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or any flu/cold like symptoms, or those have recently travelled to a high infection area or been in contact with anyone known to have Coronavirus, will be asked to reschedule their appointment. If you are feeling unwell, please contact us on 03 9787 8033. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Government Department of Health website:
Need to speak to someone?
Ring the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
We will continue to uphold our high clinical and sanitation standards.
Julie Jankovic from Mount Eliza Speech Pathology and I share this space at Mount Eliza Consulting Suites. We have been fortunate enough to have a cleaning team with great medical cleaning experience.
Along with this, Julie I have agreed upon a regimented cleaning schedule amongst ourselves. This is for all common areas, and is recorded to ensure that it is upheld.
In addition to this, I will also be doing the following:
· Maintaining the high level of hand hygiene that you have all seen me perform for years.
· Requesting that anyone feeling unwell reschedule their appointment.
· Regular cleaning of the treatment room.
· Wearing a mask during any manual treatment that might be required.
· Disinfecting and wiping down of treatment surfaces, chairs, and equipment after each client interaction.
· Removal of table cover to ensure adequate cleaning can be upheld.
· Regular changing of towels, including changing the pillow towel after each client.
· Using single use/disposable paper toweling for face hole and arm rests.
· Thorough cleaning of all high touch areas with high grade disinfectant, including reception surfaces, door handles, and treatment areas.
· Availability of hand sanitizer stations for you to use as you enter and exit Mount Eliza Consulting Suites
· Removal of magazines from the waiting room.
· Completed government health professional infection control training relevant to COVID-19.
Some of you are at a point where your treatment plan includes progressing your rehab program. If this is you, this can be done through tele-health, so long as you have an internet connection at home.
I take the greatest pride in the role I play in the lives of my clients.
I want you to know that you can continue to rely on me. So, the next time we welcome you into our clinic, you can know our commitment to you remains as reliable and caring as ever.
As most of you will already know, I am readily available via email to answer any questions you have regarding your condition. If you wish to have a chat, shoot me an email and I'll give you a call. Finally. Please, at times like this, don't take your health for granted.
Maintain your exercise regime.
Maintain your healthy diet.
Maintain your sleeping patterns.
Allocate time to wind down and de-stress.
I worry that this time next year, Covid-19 will have a far greater impact than simply the number of confirmed cases.
If you have any further questions, I can be contacted at: